home map travel tales good reads recipes

Sunday, August 25, 2013

my mouth is a volcano

In the classroom I'm trying to create an open-dialogue community.
I don't think my students need to raise their hands all the time to share their ideas or ask one other questions.
I want conversations in our room to feel like natural conversations!
I can guide them, but I want the kids to feel free.
Of course, some of those habits need to be taught and practiced.
Enter Julia Cook!
My Mouth is a Volcano is a really great book for helping kids understand appropriate conversation skills.
It will be a great reference tool in the room as we meet together to as a whole group.
I'm really looking forward to classroom discussions this year with this openness!
I think having an open-dialogue will really help students feel an important part of our classroom community.



No comments:

Post a Comment