home map travel tales good reads recipes

Saturday, March 16, 2013

Making Predictions

Ahhh, weekends... they're so wonderful. 
As much as I love them, Jeff and I still decided to go into school today. Ruxin face. (Side note: Anyone else watch The League? 
The League (2009) Poster
It's grimy - very, very grimy {i.e. offensive, boundary-pushing, adult humour} - but it's also hilarious.)
Anyway, I feel ready for the week, so that's great news.

In the last few weeks we have been focusing more on making predictions. It's one of those skills that I feel should be so super easy peasy, but it's surprised me more than once how tough it can be for some wee ones to wrap their heads around. 

I like to do a lot of I Do-We Do-You Do activities in my lessons, because, well, it's just an awesome philosophy... so I showed this simple graphic organizer on our Smart Board, modeled thinking about a book I grabbed randomly from our tiny class library, and the rest is history. Actually, it's more of an ongoing skill, so not really history at all, but you know how it goes. Feel free to grab the Making Predictions recording sheet by clicking below.
- Amanda

1 comment: