home map travel tales good reads recipes

Sunday, November 4, 2012

Back to the grind with number lines

But not so sure I'm ready. First up, I wore my shirt inside out all day - haha! Oops. Also, no AC in our class all day. While the weather here is getting much cooler in the evenings and early mornings, the afternoon sun is still a killer - but somehow we made it out alive! Just gotta love my class. Then I got a new student. I'm telling you, he is the slowest kid! S-l-o-oooo-w. Hopefully that was just his nerves. And we're off to the zoo tomorrow - field trip on a day's notice! Here's hoping I get all permission forms in first thing...

Anyway, the real reason I'm here: number lines. I printed and laminated some large-size number lines last year and they are a great tool for partners. Since this is the first addition strategy we're working on, I made a quick little worksheet for students to practice. I differentiated the sheets because I have a few not-so-mathematical thinkers who need a little extra and some super-mathematical thinkers who...need a little extra. Also because I'm working really hard to differentiate because it's one of the most important things I can do to reach all my little friends. Of course I double sided based on the kid to offer a challenge.
Feel free to download from my TpT or Teachers Notebook.


Wish me luck at the zoo!
- Amanda

3 comments:

  1. Hi Amanda,
    I am follower #115! I am really interested how you came to be teaching in Kuwait! I just found your blog and I'm going to read more. Thanks for the wonderful freebie!
    Corinna
    Teaching Fabulous Firsties!

    ReplyDelete