home map travel tales good reads recipes

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Art Expo and I guess I really am just like my mother...

This has been a Busy week! Today we had a school-wide ice cream picnic complete with games run by our student council. I'm pretty sure my class had a blast and really needed the time to get their crazy out! Afterward we went on an art walk around the school to see displays from every class, Pre-K to grade 9. {Thanks to my wonderful Jeff for organizing this!} It was really great to see all the creativity and my students loved all the compliments they got on their artwork of wax-resist paintings. Here are a few of my favourites from my class:




Last week we finished up a different art project - a collaborative piece to be auctioned off at our Spring concert tomorrow. My class created a warm and cool colours mosaic {they did it all on their own!} that was a really simple project. It was framed by our school to be sold - here's the final product:
So proud!


Also, I have to just get it out there, just say it, so maybe I can start to turn this around: I have a shoe problem. I have bought four pairs of heels since we got to Kuwait! Do I wear heels at school, you ask....no. Do I wear heels on weekends, you ask next...no. So....yeah, I know. I hear it. It's a problem, and I blame my mother for passing this one down. I bought this beige pair to wear to my sister's wedding {the day after we get back to Toronto!} and the black pair only cost 3KD {$15 or so CAD}. So now I ask you: how could I resist? 



Happy hump day from Kuwait :)
-Amanda

3 comments:

  1. Your students' art work is beautiful! And I must say, I love those shoes!!
    Lori
    Conversations in Literacy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the mosaic. That is so cool.

    susieqsclass@gmail.com
    learningwithsusieq.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the mosaic, too. It's very beautiful!
    Barbara
    Grade ONEderful
    Ruby Slippers

    ReplyDelete