home map travel tales good reads recipes

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

latest behaviour management strategy

If I didn't deal with a lot of talking and students who generally do what they please {yesterday I had a young man walk himself - without permission! - to our counselor to gripe about another student in class}, I am definitely feeling it now as the end of the year approaches. It's also starting to get reeeeaally hot in Kuwait, which doesn't help either. 
I've done two themed behaviour management ideas in my class, both of which were big hits. The first was a birthday party theme {see here} and the last was a soccer theme {see here}. This time, since we recently read The Lorax and because I'm a little excited there is a movie {!}, I made a Lorax theme. I found the pattern on a blog....but I can't remember where :(

Every time the whole class is listening or a lesson goes really well in general, they get a Truffula Tuft. I also use it as a reward for hard work during Literacy and Math centers, since a couple of them still think this is free time... After they've collected all twelve Tufts {I still have three Truffula trunks to laminate...it's on a list, but it's a loooong list}, we'll watch the movie.

After that, I'm going to try out a Behaviour BINGO idea I found at Miss Kindergarten. I LOVE this one! 

I cannot believe there are only six weeks left of school! I'm more excited about this than I thought I'd be... Can't wait to get home in June just in time for my sister's wedding and hang out with family and friends. Jeff and I will also be putting the "finishing touches" so to speak on our own mostly-planned wedding day in July, and then off to Peru! Lots of good stuff happening this summer :) I hope everyone is enjoying the beginning of the end!

- Amanda

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the Lorax idea! Such a cute behavior motivator :)

    You've got a busy summer ahead! Last year I found a job, and my husband and I moved and got married while both working full-time, too. It was a little crazy- but wonderful :) Hope yours is too!

    Jenny
    Luckeyfrog's Lilypad

    ReplyDelete